Who we are
Suggested text: Our website address is: https://myconcepts.co.nz.
Suggested text: When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Suggested text: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Suggested text: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Suggested text: Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Suggested text: If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
Suggested text: If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
Suggested text: If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Suggested text: Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
At Sales Concept Limited (“we”) it is important to us that we manage your personal information securely and
consistently with relevant legislation, including the Privacy Act 1993 (“Privacy Act”)
This Policy outlines how we and our related companies collect, disclose, use, store or otherwise
handle personal information.
This Policy explains:
The kinds of personal information we collect, and the purposes for which we do that;
How we manage the personal information that we collect about you;
How you can seek access to and correction of that information;
If necessary, how you can make a complaint relating to our handling of that
This Policy is not limited to current customers but to all individuals who deal with us.
1. We are a proprietary company that operates across New Zealand. We provide electronic
and household goods to customers under layby sale agreements.
2. We are governed by the New Zealand Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act. These set out the way organizations and government agencies can collect and use, disclose and provide access to personal information.
are not an exhaustive list of personal information collected by us.
WHY WE COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
5. We take your personal privacy seriously. We may collect personal information about you:
a. because you have provided it directly to us, for instance, contact details, date of
birth, and credit card numbers or bank account details;
b. because an applicant for a layby agreement has provided your details to us as a personal referee;
c. because a recruiter or other similar service provider has provided your details to us
in relation to a position working with us;
d. to provide a service that you have requested, such as providing details to another
company for the allocation of reward or points;
e. to process your layby sales application and/or request for services;
f. in the course of enforcing or administering any layby agreements you may have entered into with us, including in the course of engaging with our credit or debt collection agencies (and these credit or debt collection agencies may collect
personal information about you on our behalf);
g. to provide you with the most appropriate services for your needs;
h. to improve our services, for instance, through the collection and analysis of
i. because you provide services or goods to us;
j. for purposes directly related to any of the above and any of our services;
k. to provide follow-up on information regarding Sales Concept Ltd, including
responding to comments or questions or providing our services to you;
l. to monitor and evaluate existing services and plan for future services; and
m. if we are required to share your information with government or regulatory bodies,
as required or authorized by law.
6. We only use your personal information for purposes which are directly related to the reason it was provided to us in the first place and where you would reasonably expect us to use your information.
7. Examples of where we might collect and use personal information include:
a. Processing your application and request/s for products and/or services;
b. Considering your eligibility for our products and/or services;
c. Administering your account including requests and the provision of products and/or services;
d. Providing reports on your product and/or services activities as requested by you;
e. Delivering products and/or services to you via the post where our employees
and/or a Service Provider will need to know at a minimum your name and address
in order to deliver the services and products;
f. Enforcing or administering any layby agreements you may have entered into with
us, including in the course of engaging with our credit and debt collection
h. Considering a job application or résumé you send to us.
8. We may share your information with government or regulatory bodies (such as the IRD and
Commerce Commission) as required or authorised by law. These agencies may also share
this information with organisations or agencies outside New Zealand.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
9. Whenever possible, we will collect personal information directly from you unless
unreasonable or impractical for us to do so. Sales Concept Ltd may also collect personal
information in a variety of ways, including but not limited to when you:
a. use our website;
b. phone us;
c. write to us;
d. email us;
e. visit us in person;
f. provide feedback to us; and
g. purchase or use our products and/or services.
10. There are certain instances in which we will collect information about you from third parties
where it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect it directly from you. For example, we
may collect your personal information from an individual who provides your details as a
person referee or from a recruiter proposing you for a position with us. We may also collect
information about you from our credit or debt collection agencies in the course of enforcing
or administering any layby agreements you may have entered into with us.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
11. We may disclose personal information to third party service providers where necessary for purposes directly related to the reason that personal information was provided to us in the first place. These service providers may include delivery service providers, marketing
service providers, IT product and service suppliers and our direct debit banking merchants.
12. We may also disclose personal information about you to our credit or debt collection
agencies in the course of enforcing or administering any layby agreements you may have entered into with us. Those credit or debt collection agencies may use that information for the purposes of enforcing or administering such agreements and may contact you directly in connection with such enforcement or administration.
13. We may also disclose your information to a third party where one or more of the following
i. you have given your consent for us to do so;
ii. you would reasonably expect us to use or give that information for another
purpose related to the purpose for which it was collected;
iii. it is otherwise required or authorised by law;
iv. it will prevent or lessen a serious threat to somebody’s life, health or safety
or to public health or safety;
v. it is reasonably necessary for us to take appropriate action in relation to
suspected unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature that relates
to our functions or activities; or
vi. it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of a law conducted by an
14. When we disclose your personal information to a third party, the information that could
reasonably identify you as an individual will first be removed, where reasonably possible.
But it may be necessary in some circumstances for us to provide identifying information
about you to third parties. Examples include:
a. Customer Records: Sales Concept Ltd maintains records of all customers
including financial information which may need to be shared with financial
institutions, government or regulatory bodies from time to time.
b. Product Delivery: Our products may be delivered to you by a third party courier
organisation. In order to deliver these products we will have to disclose your name, address and, in some circumstances (such as with dangerous or hazardous
materials), the nature or contents of the package.
c. Enforcement or administration: We may need to disclose your personal information
and other customer records to our credit or debt collection agencies, when
necessary for them to assist us to enforce or administer any layby agreements you
may have entered into with us.
15. We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES OVERSEAS
16. We may disclose personal information to our service providers that are based outside New Zealand, including our IT product and service suppliers and our direct debit banking merchants. We undertake to protect your personal information by ensuring the countries in
which those providers are located have similar protections in relation to privacy, or by entering into contractual arrangements with those organizations or agencies to ensure the protection of your privacy.
CAN I REMAIN ANONYMOUS?
17. It is your choice to provide information to us. Wherever it is lawful and practicable, you have the option not to identify yourself or to use a fictional name when interacting with us.
You can remain anonymous when using some parts of our website, or sites administered by us.
18. It may be necessary for us to collect your personal information if you would like certain
products or services. If you choose to withhold the information we require, we may not be
able to provide you the products or services you have requested.
SECURITY AND STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION
19. We store your information in a number of ways including physically (such as in paper
form) or electronically with third party data storage providers. Your privacy and the security
of your information are very important to us, so where we store your information with third party providers, we will enter into contractual arrangements with those providers to ensure
they take appropriate measures to protect your information.
20. We take appropriate steps to protect your personal information held by us from misuse,
interference, unauthorized access, modification, loss or disclosure. This includes during storage, collection, processing and transfer and destruction of the information. These steps
include but are not limited to:
a. ensuring our computer systems and websites have security systems in place such as up to date firewall and data encryption;
b. maintaining security systems and monitoring of our premises;
c. implementing confidentiality agreements with our employees and contractors, subcontractors, service providers and their agents;
d. requiring all employees and contractors who handle, deal or work with personal
information in the course of their duties with us to undergo training on our Privacy
Policy and procedures and information and data storage management, before
undertaking those duties;
e. maintaining document storage security policies and procedures; and
f. implementing verification procedures for all inquiries/transactions to ensure only
authorised people can access personal information.
21. Our website may contain links to external websites. We recommend that you review the
privacy policies of those external websites as we are not responsible for their privacy
HOW LONG WE HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION
22. We will not hold your personal information for longer than is reasonably required for the
purposes for which we may lawfully use that personal information.
23. We may transfer your personal information to another entity in connection with a sale of
our business or assets, or a merger or consolidation or restructuring of our business or
24. If we transfer any of your personal information in such circumstances, we will ensure that
such personal information remain protected and that the recipient of that personal
information agrees to be bound by privacy practices and obligations that are consistent
HOW TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION
25. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information we collect, use or
disclose is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant, and not misleading.
26. We will correct any personal information that we believe to be incorrect, out-of-date,
incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. This may include taking reasonable steps to notify any
organisation or government agency to which information was disclosed about the
correction. You may request to access or correct your personal information at any time by
contacting the Privacy Officer using the contact details below. We will give you access to
your information unless one of the exceptions under the Privacy Act applies.
27. If you request to access or correct your information, we will respond within a reasonable
time (usually within 30 days). If your request is refused, we will give you a written notice
that sets out the reasons for refusal and how to complain about the decision.
DIRECT COMMUNICATIONS AND PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS
28. From time to time, we may send out promotional materials and information about our
services or products or about the products or services of selected third parties, but only if
you have expressly given us permission to do so.
29. If you have expressly given us permission to send you such communications and you
subsequently decide that you do not wish to receive these communications, please either
use the unsubscribe function at the bottom of the relevant email communication, or contact
us to unsubscribe from that mailing list.
30. Please note that if you choose the unsubscribe option, this will prevent you receiving offers
of discounts and notices of upcoming promotions as well as other informational materials
relating to our products.
31. Sales Concept Ltd website and sites administered by us use software known as
‘cookies’ to record your visit to the website and collect some statistical information.
32. We use this information to help administer and improve our websites. We do not use this
information to personally identify you. Information we may collect includes:
a. your computer’s IP address;
b. your domain name;
c. the date and time or access to the website;
d. pages accessed and documents downloaded;
e. the previous site visited;
f. if you have visited the website before; and
g. the type of browser software in use.
33. You may set your browser to disable cookies when visiting our websites. However, some
website functions may be unavailable if you choose to do so.
COMPLAINTS AND ENQUIRIES
35. We are committed to the protection of your privacy. If you have any questions about how
we handle personal information, would like to complain about how we have handled your
query or complaint to our Privacy Officer. Our Privacy Officer will assess any complaints
and liaise with you to resolve any issues within a reasonable time.
36. If you consider your privacy concerns have not been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you
wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, you can contact The Office of the
New Zealand Privacy Commissioner on 0800 803 909 or visit their website at
38. Online [email protected]
39. By Post Attn: Privacy Officer
Sales Concept Ltd
PO Box 56086, Auckland 1446